Meet with my friends in pelni

dek 7 km ngapulu

I have no idea why almost my voyage by a ship called Pelni, a state-owned voyage company, I often meet an Islamic organization namely Jama'ah Tabligh. If I am not mistaken, the first time I used the Pelni in 2007 to visit Makassar. At the time I met this community. 

Unexpectedly, I knew a member of the organization because he came to my village with his friends of the Jama’ah Tabliq. They stayed for days in a mosque near my house. As usual, they do ‘dakwah’ in which they suggest people to do good thing according to islam especially pray (shalat) in mosque. I think what they do is good.

I joined in their place in the Pelni. It was fortune for me because it is the first time to use Pelni and I was alone so I needed a friend. Moreover, many people tell me that many stealers in the ship. I should be careful.  

About three weeks ago, I visited Makassar from bau-bau by pelni, I met the Jamaah Tabliq again. Yet, I did not know any of the members. When I took a rest while reading a book, they came to me. I welcomed them warmly because I know they have nice intentions. And of course, because I understood their program, I was already to listen to what they wanted to tell.

As a muslim, I got something wonderful from their spokesperson. “We are muslim. We are brothers. When we are long distance, we must pray to one another. But, when we are not long distance, we should keep our friendship (silaturahmi)”. He said to me.

Then, he continued “You know devils always suggest and encourage us to do wrongdoings which break the Allah’s rule. They do it for 24 hours. So we must protect ourselves from their influences. The way to do that is to always remember Allah with many ways like praying, gathering and joining in a community where people suggest one another to do command of Allah, and so on”.

His statements are internalized into my heart. He really made me aware of being careful with the devil who always suggest me to disobey the rule of Allah.

Apart from whatever they do, I am curious with their doing in pelni. I think that it is part of their agenda to do dakwah in the ship. It is nice. Moreover, many people are in the pelni as their object of their dakwah. Inspiring.
                                                                                                                                                    
~Babu-bau, 28 March 2021

Komentar