The wisdom from wameo

This morning, I go to a traditional market called ‘Wameo’ to buy some stuff. We can meet many people in this place. From many kinds of buyers to so many sellers with different goods. My looking goes to many sellers who offer people various commodities. I can say they are sellers coming from the low-middle class with lower income. I see their struggles to survive amid complicated and fierce economic competitions.

I get inspiration from them. How they define and respond to their own life without complaint. Another lesson is that I learn from them how to struggle with life. Although they face hard life, they keep going on. It is very valuable experiences for me because sometimes when problems come to me, I complain as well as look for reason in order to avoid the problems, not try to solve them.

Most of the sellers are elderly women. They are the grandmother of their grandchilds. I sometimes feel sad if I see their stuff are not sold out. “If your goods are not sold out today, what will you do?” my question to one of them. “Tomorrow I will sell again,” her response. See...!!!

I often think do they get to benefit from their selling? Because of so many sellers in this market. I have no idea. Yet, I believe Allah will bless them “rizki” over their works. Moreover, Allah will grant them with reward in the hereafter because in Islam, working is part of doing his commands.  

I must be grateful for my life. When I compare my life with them, I feel that I am more fortunate than them. I remember one thing from my friend saying that although we do not need the stuff, sometimes we should buy it. And also we do not need to bargain to decrease the price of the stuff. If we bargain, do it properly. Our purpose is to help them. 

Let us imagine when we go to a minimarket or a supermarket to buy any commodity. We just buy and pay for it. We do not “complain” about the price. However, the owner of minimarket and supermarket is the rich one. In other words, we actually help him/her to be getting richer. The ideal thing we do is to prioritize the sellers in the Wameo traditional market and the other kinds of the market. Because they sell for surviving, not being rich one.

We often miss the concept. We are social human beings who must give goodness to one another. But many of us are arrogant not to think and help others. Without helping others, our life is nothing.

~Babau, April 4, 2021

Komentar