How difficult to travel nowadays

In days to come, I plan to visit Makassar city for some agendas. Indeed, I should prepare myself before traveling. One of my preparations is to buy a ticket. But to do it, I will do some requirements which is different from before. The reason is pandemic covid 19. 

For people who want to buy a ticket, they should have a certificate explaining that they are not the victim of the decease. To prove it, they must conduct a test in an official agency, and then the agency will issue a paper of proof that they are free from the covid 19. It is what I do today. 

Because the pandemic has not ended yet, the government issued the policy to do steps to prevent the spread of the disease. For instance, in transportation either plane or boat crossing to a different province, the passengers conduct the covid 19 test with a negative result of the test. 

Therefore, I visit a health clinic (the agency) to conduct the test before buying the ticket. I do it because the requirement of buying the ticket is that I should submit and prove to them that I am not a victim of the pandemic. Another requirement is a copy of my identity card. 

Honestly, I want to complain about the policy especially submitting an identity card. For me, the card is a crucial thing in this era. My private data in the card is prone to be used by people for their private interests. Unfortunately, Indonesian government does not concern in this kind of problem.

Another condition is that mechanism of payment is cashless. It is different from the previous method in which I only pay with cash. Because I did not bring my ATM card or forget to take it, I backed to home to take it. Actually, before going to buy the ticket, doubt came to my mind whether I brought it or no. And I left it in my home because I think that I did not need it to pay for the ticket. I had brought cash.

The pandemic brings some problems – despite bringing something positive in some cases – including how difficult people will travel is. People should complete some requirements as I explained above. Prior to pandemic, people who want to travel just bought the ticket without going to test first. 

For information, until now, the requirement is applied only for people who want to travel to the different province. In one region (province), the requirement is not applicable. In other words, because I will visit Makassar city in a different province from my own province now, I must complete the conditions.

*I am sorry for my grammatical errors and another mistakes. I am developing my skill in english writing. Thank you a lot. 

~Baubau, 6 March 2021

Komentar